Testing for 0.0.6
- Missing page numbers on each page, making the table of contents not as useful when scrolling through (or giving feedback here). I do like the linked table of contents though to jump straight to the section.
- Inconsistent formatting between what's typed and what shows on the screenshots (capitalization)
- Inconsistent formatting on abbreviations
- Page 5 is blank
- Perhaps update the guide to format words like "ALT" or in-game things like SYSTEM TRACKER, etc. to show that it is something that's actually in-game. Will be faster to skim the guide.
- Is there an option for brighter GM darkvision (or longer range)?
- Player section of the guide (haven't actually had a chance to play as a player at the time I typed out these suggestions)
- On the MOVE page, there's an incomplete sentence: "You can move multiple units at a time, simply _right_ choose move on ..."
- In the SPELL SLOTS section, the word "expanded" should be "expended". Based on the information here, will there be a way to get all the spell slots back quickly? For example, at high levels there are a lot of slots available - is there going to be a "long rest" button kind of thing?
- In the DETAILED ATTACK section, would it be easier to have 3 buttons for hit rather than a dropdown + hit button? I'm envisioning a red HIT button, a grey HIT button, and a green HIT button type deal (disadvantage/normal/advantage respectively)
- In the DETAILED SPELL section, it states that my Spell DC will show up on the screen after clicking on the damage - what if I want to link the whole spell card? what if I want to know my spell DC in general, is there a location for that? Could that just pop up on the cards near where the "HIT" button would be, so that I know as a player what the DC would be so that I can change my mind if I want to?
- Will there be support for importing/exporting monsters or players from a formatted txt/xml/csv file type thing?
- Secondary resources: Will there be text to go with them, as reminders? Are spell slots planned for this type of visual representation as well (roughly)?
- Main menu: Why are there the 3 axes in the bottom left corner? (see screenshot)
- CHAT WINDOW: I like how it fades away, this definitely helps with visual clutter
- FORUMS: Is there a way to have a post of "known bugs" that is stickied (or "known things to update" type deal, so that when we give feedback we don't repeat ourselves?
- LOGIN: Should I be able to log in to my own account multiple times? i.e. I have a computer with the server running, and another computer playing as a character. Don't know if this is intended, or whether long-term this would break anything in your vision.
- UI: Will there be a way to see either (a) a health bar over other's heads, or (b) visual changes to the character in order to show injury?
- SUGGESTION: Create a notepad for players/GM to have notes in general.
- SUGGESTION: For players, be able to create a "checklist/to-do list" type area, so we can create our own "completed that quest!" type set of notes
1. GM UI:
- For the SHIFT and CTRL keys, when I press them both only the last one works - intended? (assuming so)
- I like the new ALT key (rather than the ENTER key) to swap modes. Is there a way to have it be either a toggle, or a press-and-hold option? Is this something that can be put into Settings as a possible option?
- Loving the vertical strafing (Q/Z buttons); makes my life SO much easier - you have no idea
- When possessing, and I click on the HEALTH BAR, is there a way to auto-focus the text box that pops up? There's an extra click there to select the textbox that is unnecessary if there's a way for you to auto-focus it? This way I don't click the HEALTH BAR, then click the TEXTBOX, then type in the changes.
- When attacking things using the QUICKBAR options, it has more information than if I use the pop-up WEAPON ATTACK window. Also, is there a way to set DISADVANTAGE/ADVANTAGE for the QUICKBAR at the bottom of the screen?
2. PLAYER UI:
- CHARACTER SELECT: Will there be more info in the future (i.e. a whole character sheet to view?) I'm not sure how the AC is calculated for the Barbarian - but it looks like (based on the picture) it is relying on Unarmored Defense. If this is accurate, then the AC is inaccurate based on the calculation of 10+CON+DEX. If it's some other way, then I can't test it as of yet.
- RESOURCE BAR: Will there be a way to identify what resource is what (except by clicking on it and having the window pop up)
- Noticed there is just a generic HIT button to roll to hit; will there be a "Ranged vs. Melee" type HIT option? I'm just thinking that if I swap to a bow, then this could prove useful.
- Will there be a way to change/move the buttons on the character quick-bar?
- Will there be a way to go back to the CHARACTER SELECT screen, rather than just quitting and rejoining in order to change characters?
- For the resource bars, would it make sense to be a slider instead of a click-type-the-value-in-a-box type thing? I'm finding the massively large textboxes quite visually cumbersome (and extra clicks required to do things)
- ALT-to-toggle-modes is not intuitive as a player. I liked the HOLD RIGHT-CLICK (or left-click) option to rotate the camera - though had some issues with it (see "mouse hostage" comments)
- Will there be a way to tell whether I'm concentrating on a spell, and what spell it is? This might be useful by the AC/SPEED/PP area? "Concentrating on: ___" (or whatever makes sense for the UI)
3. GENERAL UI:
- RADIAL BUTTONS: Is there a way so that I can click on the radial buttons, and it closes the window if it's already open (or a toggleable option in settings to have this option?)
- RADIAL AREA: I like the text that shows the distance from the last place (when possessing), but find the contrast between it and the background similar - is there a way to make the text slightly brighter?
- WEAPON ATTACK: Is there a way to change the name of the window to be based on the item that has opened, or will this cause an issue of too many windows opening (due to non-unique names?)
- SPEED: Will there be a different feeling in speed between the 30' movement and other movement speeds? Or is that going to be a combat-only thing?
- DM: Notification of connect/disconnect of player could prove useful (because you're not always looking at the Overview Tab)
- DRAW DISTANCE: I know some spells allow you to shoot/see things at quite a distance, is there a plan to handle this? (1000s of feet up to miles). What about something that allows you to scry into an area?
- CENTER DISTANCE: Seems to be more where the mouse is, rather than the center. It also doesn't take into account the goblin that's there, and the distance is to the object behind it (i.e. tree, wall, mountain, etc.). With a center reticle, it would seem useful to have it be accurate - otherwise, we can just use the mouse to figure this out and look in the bottom left corner.
- The whole "I'm holding your mouse hostage" thing is annoying when using multiple monitors, or using the game in non-FULLSCREEN mode. It's hard to type feedback when my mouse is stuck in the game. It only seems to happen when I'm possessing an NPC, or when playing as a PLAYER (couldn't click on spell dots). It also seems to pop up if I ALT+TAB out to another window, but sometimes fixes itself in game if something goes to chat? Seems inconsistent in hostage-taking. It also came up when I was RIGHT-CLICK dragging the camera as a PLAYER. To fix, I have to exit game and re-enter.
- One time, I entered the game, and I fell through the world on the character select screen.
4. OVERVIEW WINDOW
- When I'm holding ALT and I use the SCROLL WHEEL to move up or down the list: if I continue to hold ALT, I CANNOT right-click on mobs (most of the time), OR it pushes the CONTEXT window behind the Overview Tab.
- Noticed DOUBLE RIGHT-CLICK also sends you to the mob - planned?
- Loving the expanded search options in the mob list
- Regarding this, will there be a way for us to add notes to mobs when we create our own? For example, perhaps I can add a tag to a mob regarding what zone it is in, so that I can just "search by zone" type deal. This way I only have the mobs up that are in the general area. This could prove useful in SUPER large areas. Or even something like "within 'X' feet" of the GM (or a target) type deal? Just a long term suggestion
5. TURN TRACKER
- Like the addition of the "X" button
- Is there a way to highlight the first person in the list to show that they're first. I know that it's always the top person, but it might not always be clear. Perhaps just a subtle font colour change? If not, no worries; I'm sure people will get used to the top of the list being the person that's up now.
- I don't know if you need the word "Token" in "Token Name" for the manual initiative addition area. Were you envisioning this being different than just "Name"?
- Can you add a confirmation box to the "Clear" button, or perhaps give it less real-estate so that you don't accidentally hit it?
- I noticed in the documentation that the initiative token names are only visible to GMs - is this intentional? Is there a way to have the character be notified that they're next while someone else is going? Perhaps something pops up on their screen stating they're next in line type deal so they can prepare their turn? Could this be a toggle-able option in settings somewhere, in case people don't like this? Just some food for thought since the PCs won't see the tracker.
- See Screenshot for the amount of Bobs (created by using "Bob", "Bob_", "Bob__", "Bob___", etc. where "_" represents a SPACE)
- Can we make this resizable (like the OVERVIEW tab)