Testers Section Permission Problem?

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section of the forum, but there seems to be an error with the "Testers" category in this forum. I received an email on the 22nd of this month saying that I was to login to the forum and follow the instructions in the "Testers" section, but when clicking on the link I am given an insufficient permission page. Was this email sent out too early? Or is some other issue at fault here?

Thanks,
The EpicNoob

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have the same issue here
  • If you don't have access but received the email it is most likley because you did not activate your account on the forums until after you where invited. Shoot an email to info@alliedgames.com and we will get things sorted for you. 
  • Hi JDooley, thanks for the response, I'll definitely shoot that email. However, I know for a fact that I have had an account on the forum since before receiving the testers email. Maybe the fact I was not logged in before clicking the link matters? If so, wouldn't that mean I should be able to access it now without issues?

Sorry for adding more questions despite you having solved it for me, I'm just trying to help figure out if there is more than one cause for the issue.
  • Hi JDooley, thanks for the response, I'll definitely shoot that email. However, I know for a fact that I have had an account on the forum since before receiving the testers email. Maybe the fact I was not logged in before clicking the link matters? If so, wouldn't that mean I should be able to access it now without issues?

I looked into the issue and confirmed that you where sent an invitation yet where not part of the testing group. Likely an oversight on our end. I've gone ahead and corrected the error. 
  • Thank you so much!
  • Hey JDooley, I figured it was better for me to comment this question here instead of creating a new thread, but it seems to be that my "invitations" are missing from my profile. Is this a case of selective blindness on my part? Is there an alternative way to invite my friends onto the forums?
  • Hey JDooley, I figured it was better for me to comment this question here instead of creating a new thread, but it seems to be that my "invitations" are missing from my profile. Is this a case of selective blindness on my part? Is there an alternative way to invite my friends onto the forums?
    We just changed it over from invitation to open registration. Anyone can just register now. 
  • I am also unable to get into the tester section as well.
  • Drakenmor said:
    I am also unable to get into the tester section as well.
    You should be able to. I checked your permissions and they do indicate that you are a tester. Can you send me a screenshot of what you see?